Host a Student for Industry Placement
Loyola Trade Training Centre offers students significant opportunity to work in their chosen industry.
We need your support to provide our students with quality on-the-job training. Host a student for industry placement and provide them with opportunities and exposure to experiences in your industry. Could this be your first step towards your next apprentice or trainee?
Benefits for Employers
At the completion of their schooling, these students will be well-trained and have an unparalleled understanding of your business, making a transition to a regular apprenticeship easier. Other benefits include:
- an apprentice/trainee with commitment, support and the right attitude
- flexible part-time apprentice/trainee - they have a higher level of education and are available to work flexibly to suit the needs of your business
- all government incentives paid (minimum days/incentives paid determined by qualification)
- payroll tax rebates
- ongoing mentoring and support from Loyola CTTC is available for employers, as well as their students
During Years 11 and 12, school-based apprentices/trainees spend one day a week performing paid work for an employer. Extra days are worked during timetabled work blocks to add up to a minimum of 100 days, depending on the qualification sought.
An employer of a school-based apprentice or trainee is asked to provide:
- opportunities to learn the skills and acquire the knowledge of the trade
- a suitably qualified or experienced person to facilitate training and supervise the apprentice/trainee in the workplace
- access to structured on and/or off-the-job training
- a safe working environment free from any form of harassment
- other benefits specified in the training agreement or industrial arrangement
- regular communication on student progress to Loyola CTTC